- Fun Home: Is American Ready for a Musical About a Butch Lesbian? Read the article and you’ll find that if America’s not, we ought to be because this show looks fantastic. Here’s hoping it comes to Columbus!
- Seven or eight years ago I created Open Adoption Support as a way for individuals to get a wide variety of pro-openness opinions about their relationships. I recently gave the site over to Heather founder of Open Adoption Bloggers and it couldn’t be in better hands. Here’s the question that went up this week: Any advice on handling a situation with visits?
- Speaking of Open Adoption Bloggers, Kat Cooley MSW has a column worth reading, Can the Closure of Open Adoptions Be Prevented? Kat just started a PhD program and her love for thought provoking questions and good research is reflected in all of her work over there.
- Heartbreaking story over at The Fat Chick Sings: Six Year Old Girl Dies — Diagnosed as fat? Unfortunately medical misunderstandings about obesity aren’t uncommon.
- And just in time in light of that story, Ragen has a virtual workshop coming up on just this topic. Talking to Your Healthcare Provider is a two-hour class to help you understand the Healthy At Every Size model and how to communicate it to your doctor.
- Katniss, I mean, Jennifer Lawrence has no time for body shame as evidenced by this quote from her over at the Mary Sue. Share it with all of the Hunger Games fans you know!
- Bookmarked for myself, here’s a helpful rundown about Complementary and Alternative Medicine Treatment of Perinatal Depression. I especially found the bit about bright light therapy really good to know.
- One day when I’m rich I’m going to go to all of the trainings everywhere. This one from Bruce Perry is at the top of my list: The Neurosequential Model Inaugural Symposium on Brain Development and Trauma: Implications for Interventions and Policy. You know how people have celebrity crushes? Well, Bruce Perry is my professional crush.