My blog has been neglected these days but I’m trying to get back into the swing of things! Here are some things that caught my eye in the past month:
- Over at Brain Pickings they’re celebrating the life of Charlotte Zolotow who’s work as a children’s author and editor of children’s books changed the literary landscape for the better;
- This month my roundtable for the Brain, Child blog featured three Adoptees as Mothers in honor of National Adoption Month;
- Also at Brain, Child, my 2009 feature on disrupted adoptions, The Myth of the Forever Family, was put up in the archives;
- Ragen Chastain has good responses to Horrible Holiday Diet Tips to get you through the season;
- Julia posted this article by Kristen Davies on PTSD and Medically Complex Kids, which is overlooked far too often;
- This month the Ohio Birthparent Group celebrated three years serving not only Ohio’s birth parents but also everyone in the adoption constellation;
- This is long but oh so worth it, The Logic of Stupid Poor People (or why our assumptions about poverty are wrong);
- Timely news, The (In)effectiveness of Anti-Bullying Programs, we’re pouring a lot of money and effort into them but do they work?
And please remember, the Annual Toy Swap is this Sunday! My kind landlord was able to come to an agreement with me to allow me access to the office next door to mine to accommodate the swap. If you have early drop-offs, I’ll be there Saturday afternoon and/or evening so contact me if you want to drop things off early. My office is on the lower level but there is an elevator if you need it. Details about the toy swap are here.