Coping Kids Anxiety Group
The Coping Kids Anxiety Group is a 6-week skill building and psychoeducation group that gives kids ages 9 to 12 the tools they need to combat worry and anxiety. Research shows that cognitive-behavioral therapies (CBT) are the most effective counseling modality for anxiety disorders.
“How do I know if this group is right for my child?”
Your child may benefit if he or she is struggling with:
- Sleeping problems (going to sleep or staying asleep)
- Social avoidance (trouble making friends, worrying about what friends think/do)
- School anxiety (difficulty getting out the door in the morning, dread the night before)
- Separation anxiety (fearful of leaving parents/caregivers, worries about safety of loved ones when they are not in sight)
- Self esteem and confidence issues
- General fears or phobias.
Peanut-free snack will be served (please let me know if your child has any allergies or food sensitivities).
A free screening is necessary beforehand to be sure that this group is appropriate for your child and can be done in person or over the phone. If the group is not a good fit, I will offer alternatives.
Cost is $225 per child. Payment is due before the first class. I accept cash, checks, and all major credit cards.
The next group will begin Wednesday, June 10th 2015 from 10:30am to 11:30am (for 9 to 12 year olds) and will continue through July 15th.
Call me at (614) 301-8030 with questions or to arrange for your child’s screening and I will get back to you within one business day. You can also use the form below.