I am an out-of-network provider, which means I am not on any insurance panels. If you have out-of-network benefits some or all of the cost of counseling may be covered. I do take Health Spending/Savings Accounts. If you are interested in learning more about your out-of-network options, you can call your insurance company and ask the following questions:
- Do I have mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many mental health sessions per calendar year does my insurance plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network mental health provider?
- How do I obtain reimbursement for therapy with an out-of-network provider?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- What documentation do I need to submit to be reimbursed?
At the beginning of each month my electronic health records system can generate a superbill, which is an itemized receipt listing all rendered services from the previous month. Just let me know that you’d like access to this and then you can log in to the portal to download it to submit to your insurance company. This will also stand as a receipt to use for year end taxes.
Please note: In order to submit a superbill you will need a mental health diagnosis. Not everyone who comes to see me meets the criteria for a diagnosis. We can discuss this further when we meet.