Columbus Adoption Counseling
I am an unbiased, supportive counselor for all members of the adoption constellation. I understand that adoption is a lifelong journey and that new life events often demand that we reconsider our paradigms about our experience.
- Adoption exploration for individuals and couples who are considering adoption to build their families;
- Unbiased support for expectant parents considering whether or not to place their child for adoption;
- Post-placement support for birth and adoptive family members;
- Post-reunion support for all adoption constellation members;
- Adoption-specific counseling for both child and adult adoptees.
- Consultation and support around open adoption for both birth and adoptive family members including mediation.
My office is a safe space to share your experiences — the good, the bad, the ugly and the sublime. There is no right way to experience adoption and I welcome all points of view, whether celebratory or critical or somewhere in between.
Adoption is complicated. I invite you to explore those complexities with me.
I also encourage you to check out the Ohio Birth Parent Group for peer support groups for birth parents, adoptive parents, adoptees and those who love and support them.