Columbus Postpartum Counseling
Becoming a parent is one of the most challenging things you can do whatever your journey looks like. Postpartum depression and anxiety can arrive anytime in the first year of parenting.
I have completed the PSI and 2020 Mom Professional Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training and have special expertise in postpartum depression counseling, post-adoption depression counseling and helping clients who are struggling with scary intrusive thoughts or who need to process difficult birth stories.
- A safe place free of judgment to share whatever you’re feeling;
- Support creating a parenting identity that works for you and your baby;
- Help for your spouse or partner to better understand your experience;
- Assessment of your level of depression and anxiety;
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy tools;
- Support for your choices around medication;
- Help creating coping and safety plans;
- Referrals to appropriate community resources
If you feel hopeless, if you are struggling with guilt because parenthood is not what you expected, if you’re wondering why you don’t feel more attached to your baby, please call me.
You deserve respectful support!
You are welcome to bring your baby to session or we can discuss doing phone sessions as needed.
Also please know that there is a free peer group in the Central Ohio area offered by POEM. They are a wonderful organization and offer several meetings a month, mentors, and a warmline. They also keep a list of therapists trained in postpartum work so if I'm not the right fit for you, they will be able to connect you with the counselor who is. You can find their website here.
There are many people who are ready to embrace and support you.